Know a Great Speaker?
If you know a great speaker who might be of interest to TLL attendees, please let us know by completing the short form below.
TO SHOW OUR APPRECIATION: If we end up using a speaker you recommended (and not currently on our list), we will offer you a FREE ticket to the next Fall or Spring lecture series.
Recommend a Speaker
Here are some of the things we are looking for in a speaker:
- knowledgeable and credentialed in area of expertise;
- engaging and dynamic with excellent speaking skills;
- previous speaking experience for the purpose of educating, inspiring, entertaining;
- no political or philosophical 'agenda' (talks should be evidence/research-based).
We are looking for educational topics that will challenge and stimulate attendees and open our minds to new ideas or points of view. We are open to lectures on a variety of topics.
Here are the topics that showed strong interest in our Jun 2017 community survey.
- Health (aging, nutrition, memory, technologies, myths, prevention, future living options for older adults)
- Science and Technology (new inventions, artificial intelligence, cyber security, forensics, privacy)
- Ethics (in medicine, politics, everyday life)
- Canadian Issues (changing demographics and public opinion, economy, boomers, Canada and the world)
- Contemporary Issues (world crises and hot spots, terrorism, changes in media, Middle East, Russia)
- Personal Advice (travel, nutrition, mindfulness, how to make money last)
- Art, theatre, music